Start by getting a BIG A3 sketch book - not too expensive in Smiths or the supermarket - and start planning your first painting. Brainstorming and an ideas web, photographs and sketches all help to get started. Bring the results to the next meeting on May 24th.
Art Journey Project information displayed at the last meeting:
ART JOURNEY PROJECT – SOME SUGGESTIONS
- PRACTICE Each month you will practice something different
- APRIL – A Scape – sea, land, city - or e-scape…
It is for you to decide the path of your own art journey. We will make suggestions - a subject and possibly a new technique as well. There are no rules about what you should do. The aim is to experiment without any pressure and see how you improve.
- KEEP A RECORD For best results you need to keep a record of your art activity so that you can review your progress. Keep your sketches and work in a portfolio. Write a diary or log or write on your calendar showing how long you spend each week. Take photographs and store them in one place.
- YOUR INTERESTs & YOUR INTEREST CODE Think about your individual art interest e.g. your usual art style, favourite subject and preferred medium. Find your interest code from our chart. Find out if others have any numbers in common. You may decide to focus on improving one aspect or one of our demonstrations might encourage you to try something new.
- MAKE CONTACT Come to meetings early and spend 5 minutes talking to each other about what you have done in the past month. Phone or email each other. Post to the TAS Blog. Sign up to Facebook and apply to join TAS Facebook Group
- IMAGINE What will your art look like this time next year? This determines the direction of your journey. You could draw a rough freehand sketch and put it at the front of your portfolio. You will probably change direction several times over the course of the year, but still make progress. Keep it up and we guarantee that you will amaze yourself!
BE A SUPPORTER Volunteer to help make the Art Journey
Project even better. Give feedback to Di and Helen about your
own art journey experience during the previous few weeks.
Di Alexander Tel 07979905192 Helen Bartlett Tel 023 80868579________________________________________________________ART JOURNEY CALENDAR 2017-18Start your own very special ART JOURNEY this year. Try new things and if you are happy to do so, bring your work to a meeting .APRIL A …Scape- Landscape, Seascape, Cityscape You could have some parts printed with an implement, such as a piece of card or a sponge, or some screwed-up paper.
MAY Scenes of daily life You could use only 2 colours (such as blue and burnt sienna)JUNE A face, or part of a face You could use cut-up paper to make the face or paint over torn newspaperJULY Animal Vegetable or Mineral You could use a different surface, such as mount-board, wood, driftwood, rocks, slate, tiles, unglazed pottery.AUGUST Topical or Summer You could use dabs of colour in an impressionist styleSEPTEMBER Small picture on a postcard - You could use pen/inks or shiny paints on parts of the picture.OCTOBER En Plein Aire - outdoor art - you could use a roller or large brush to create a background quickly.NOVEMBER Abstraction - you could use kitchen foil or metallic paint on some parts of the pictureDECEMBER Winter You could apply PVA glue or texture paste or make patterns with cling-film.JANUARY Trees you could use dried leaves to print patterns in parts of the pictureTAS ANON EXHIBITION Bring best work to the meeting.FEBRUARY Spring - you could splatter paint with a toothbrush, drip paint or blow it around using a straw or allow the water or paint to run in dripsMARCH Show and Tell of the year’s work at the AGMN.B. These are suggestions for you to try. You do not have to do these topics. There are no rules. Any technique can be used with any subject.________________________________________________________________ART INTEREST CODE1. Pick the Style, Subject & Medium you want to work in.2. Example: Expressionist / Animals Acrylic = 2AA3. Write down the number and two letters.4. This is your ART INTEREST CODE. You might find it useful to compare with other people’s.STYLESUBJECTMEDIUMPHOTO-REALISTIC1LANDSCAPE / SEA / SKYLWATERCOLOUR // INKWEXPRESSIONIST / IMPRESSIONIST2ANIMALS / WILDLIFEAPASTELPCONTEMPORARY 21st c.3PEOPLE / PORTRAITSPACRYLICAABSTRACT / COLLAGE4GRAPHIC / FANTASYGOILONAÏVE5STILL LIFESGRAHPHITE / PENCILGOTHER6OTHEROOTHERZ
Di Alexander Tel 07979905192 Helen Bartlett Tel 023 80868579